Getting Started with YouthCare
A Quick “How-To Find a Provider” Guide
Is Your Provider in the YouthCare Network?
- Visit Find a Provider to find out if your provider is in the YouthCare Network.
- You can also contact your provider and ask if they are in the YouthCare Network. If your provider is in the YouthCare Network and refuses care, please call your caseworker, or YouthCare Member Services at 844-289-2264, or the DCFS Advocacy Office at 800-232-3798.
- Providers may know YouthCare by different names. If your provider does not know YouthCare, ask for any of these names:
- Foster Care, DCFS Care, Meridian, IlliniCare, Youth In Care, or Former Youth In Care.
- You can ask other questions when calling your doctor:
- I am looking for healthcare for my foster child(ren). Do you accept YouthCare insurance?
- Some providers may not know YouthCare. So you can say: "My foster child(ren)’s insurance is through Centene. Centene also used to be called Illinicare. It was also known as Meridian Medicaid. So if you participate with them for Medicaid, you would be able to see my child(ren) as well.
- If they answer YES: Okay, thank you. So that means you can see my child. When can I make an appointment?
- If they answer NO: Okay, thank you. I will contact the insurance company and ask for them to follow up with you. Their website shows you as a participating Medicaid provider. You should contact YouthCare at: 844-289-2264
IF YOU HAVE ANY COVERAGE OR BENEFIT QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL 844-289-2264 (TTY:711) TO REACH THE YOUTHCARE MEMBER SERVICES TEAM. YOU CAN ALSO CALL THE DCFS ADVOCACY OFFICE AT 800-232-3798 OR EMAIL DCFS.HealthPlan@illinois.gov.